The FLAME project is ready for its 3nd Open Call! The Open Call was officially announced at NEM Summit on 22nd/23rd May 2019 and will open on 9th August 2019. The application process will close at the beginning of November 2019.
This call solicits for 3rd party projects to explore edge experiences considering consumer’s desire for personalised, localised and interactive media content delivered through current and emerging human-computer interfaces used in outside spaces or between outside and inside spaces. The 3rd party projects will demonstrate the utilisation and value of FLAME service design patterns for orchestrating media services. FLAME is seeking innovative use of the patterns as a key part of the evaluation criteria for proposals, whether projects are seeking incremental service delivery for today’s devices and transformative solutions based on services and devices for augmented and mixed reality.
There will be a Webinar to outline the 3rd Open Call on 2 September 2019.
|Project full name||FLAME – Facility for Large-Scale Adaptive Media Experimentation|
|Project grant agreement number||731677|
|Call title||Third FLAME Open Call|
|Submission of draft proposals deadline for the feasibility check||10th October 2019 @ 17:00 CET|
|Notification of the results from the feasibility check||18th October 2019 @ 17:00 CET|
|Final Submission deadline||8th November 2019 @ 17:00 CET|
|Notification of the final results||Beginning of December 2019|
|Webinar for explaining Open Call details and providing guidelines for proposers||2nd September 2019 @ 11:00 CET|
|Estimated start date of 3rd party projects||1st January 2020|
A feasibility check is required before submission. This feasibility check will be carried out by the FLAME members responsible for the FLAME facilities. As a result of this, an additional concise section is added to the proposal (Section F of the Proposal Template) and is provided in collaboration with the FLAME project consortium members.
- Total budget for Open Call 3: 850 000 €
- Maximum budget per Experiment: 100 000 € per Industry trials (FLAME-OC3-IND), 70 000 € per SME trials (FLAME-OC3-SME), and 50 000 € per Start-up trials (FLAME-OC3-STR)
- Expected number of 3rd party projects to be funded: 13 (2 for the category Industry trials, 5 for the category SME trials, and 6 for the category Start-up trials).
- Guaranteed support: 64 000 € (An extra budget of typically € 8000 per 3rd party project will be allocated to the FLAME consortium partner acting as Mentor for guaranteed support)
REQUIREMENTS RELATED TO THE PROPOSER
- Proposers must be eligible for funding in H2020 projects and be established in a EU Member State or in an Associated Country.
- Proposals will only be accepted from a single party.
- A proposer can only be selected for funding for one proposal, even if the proposer submitted multiple proposals that are ranked high enough to be selected for funding. In the latter case, the proposer may be given the opportunity to choose the one to be retained for funding.
- For the 3rd party projects in the category ‘SME trials’, only proposals from small, medium SMEs according to the definition used by the EC (for 3rd party projects in the category ‘Innovation by SME’) are eligible
- For 3rd party projects in the category of “Start-ups”, proposals from start-ups are eligible.
- To avoid conflicts of interest, applications will not be accepted from persons or organisations who are partners in the FLAME consortium or who are formally linked in any way to partners of the consortium. All applicants will be required to declare that they know of no such potential conflicts of interest that should prevent them from applying.
- Proposers must select a single infrastructure (either Barcelona, Bristol, London or Buseto Palizzolo) to conduct its 3rd party project. This infrastructure will provide support to the experimenter.
- For the SME trials at least one 3rd party project will be funded in each one of the 4 FLAME Replicators cities (Bristol, Barcelona, Buseto Palizzolo, London) and one additional in every of these four cities based on the final ranking (5 in total)
- For the Start-up trials at least one3rd party project will be funded in each one of the 4 FLAME Replicators cities (Bristol, Barcelona, Buseto Palizzolo, London) and two additional in every of these four cities based on the final ranking (6 in total)
- The Industry trials should be in any of the of the four Replicators cities and the 3rd party project will be funded based on the final ranking.
- Language in which the proposal must be submitted: English
- Proposals must follow the provided template (see Section 7 Open Call info document and Appendix A to the same document)
- Proposals (draft as well as final proposals) must be submitted through the online submission form at the bottom of this page
- Detailed Call information (coming soon)
- Proposal template (coming soon)