THE "URBAN HACKING IN 5G" WILL TAKE PLACE AT UNIVERSITY OF BRISTOL ON 17-20 JUNE 2019.
Registration is now open & is free for delegates as well as visitors.
5G MEDIA SERVICES
The FLAME 5G service delivery platform allows media services to be placed deep in the network, in metro datacenters and at the very edge of the network in urban street cabinets. Because FLAME knows where services and content are and where they need to be, content and service requests can be routed to the best possible network location, ensuring the right content is served to consumers from the best place in the network in the quickest time. These decisions are fast and driven by where, when and how consumers want to interact with augmented reality, virtual reality and video.
Challenge 1 - Broadcast:
- Participatory media presented by VRT
- Imagine everyone is a broadcaster participating in the co-creation of urban digital stories. Can you find solutions to localised production and distribution using edge interaction patterns where the infrastructure and resources more closely aligns with the communication needs to consumers? Can you do this within the intelligent edge without requiring public clouds and backhaul networks?
Challenge 2 - Gaming:
- Storytelling and gaming presented by Disney Research
- Urban spaces provide great opportunities to play and learn. Can you create new experiences using urban gaming and augmented reality technologies that transform the way citizens are engaged in culture and with each other? Can you create a solution that will be used in places all around the world?
- 4 day urban hacking event with training, hacking and hands-on public trials in Bristol
- Developers, engineers, designers and many more creative minds working on the latest technologies
- Top international speakers from creative industries and technology companies
- Participants from all over the world (UK, Germany, Switzerland, Spain, Belgium, and many more)
- 1st place - Vouchers to the value of £1000 and opportunity to present in FLAME show
- 2nd place “Creativity” - Vouchers to the value of £500
- 2nd place “Technology” - Vouchers to the value of £500
Our Tech Mentors
“Multimedia will dominate the next generation of Internet systems driven by citizens’ increasing participation and use of pervasive technologies to have fun, learn and understand the world. Success depends on establishing transformative media ecosystems that benefit everyone from consumers and content providers through to the operators of communications, transport and building infrastructures. Events like FLAME’s Urban Hacking are critical as they bring everyone together in a place where we can build our future together.”
Push the limits of what was thought to be impossible! At the FLAME Urban Hacking event, you will feel the energy in the room while working hard to solve innovative tech challenges in teams formed during the event. Use your tech skills, develop mobile apps (Android/iOS) using HTTP-based web services, and expand your horizons! Your personal challenge is to work faster and more precisely than ever before! Mentors and scientific experts will be by your side and provide support whenever you need it. Great ideas that benefit society is your goal to create within these two days!
Allow yourself to be fully immersed in an international event with creative and engineering teams working to create urban solutions from emerging 5G technologies. High class international speakers will give exclusive presentations to seed discussions while demonstrations offer glimpses of how citizens will engage with media in urban settings over the coming years. The purpose of the FLAME Urban Hacking event is to bring together people with a passion for creativity, technology and media, and increase the ideas for innovative experiences emerging from an increasingly pervasive compute and networking infrastructure. The first day will be packed with sessions over all things technical, whilst on the final day you’ll get your hands on the technology itself, come and join us for the FLAME experience.
– MONDAY, JUNE 17TH – DAY 1
5G Edge Cloud Platform and Tools
|08.00 | Registration (60 min)|
|09.00||15 min||Welcome and Introduction||Hamid Falaki – University of Bristol|
|09.15||45 min||Building 5G through FLAME||Michael Boniface – IT Innovation Centre|
|10.00||45 min||5G Edge Cloud Architecture||Dirk Trossen – InterDigital|
|10.45||60 min||FLAME Service Delivery Platform||Sebastian Robitzsch – InterDigital|
|11.45||60 min||Full stack DevOps toolchains accelerating ideas from the desktop to city testbeds||Michael Boniface – IT Innovation Centre|
|13.00 | Lunch (60 min)|
|14.00||60 min||5G Infrastructure @ University of Bristol||Hamid Falaki – University of Bristol|
|15.00||60 min||Service design and development patterns for interactive edge computing experiences||Michael Boniface – IT Innovation Centre|
|16.00||60 min||Dynamic service delivery using network-aware graph analytics and endpoint controls||Nikolay Stanchev – IT Innovation Centre|
|19.00 | Social Event|
MEET THE SPEAKERS
To be provided