THE “BRINGING MEDIA AND TELCO TOGETHER IN THE 5G VALUE CHAIN” VIRTUAL EVENT WILL TAKE PLACE ONLINE ON 23 SEPTEMBER 2020.
Registration is now open & is free.
Join FLAME partners for the project’s grand finale event for demonstrations of how media companies have developed new services with 5G through real-world trials using the FLAME platform, and to explore lessons learnt and future directions for 5G adoption and beyond towards 6G.
The event will bring together views from media providers speaking about challenges they faced entering the 5G arena and views from the Telco world aiming to integrate vertical services into new value chains depending on adaptive and distributed computing infrastructures reaching to the edge of networks.
The event will also feature world-leading companies collaborating through user facing trials to deliver enhanced user experiences and more cost-effective content delivery including Disney Research, VRT, Nextworks, and more.
Participants will have the opportunity to learn about the challenges of adoption and utility of 5G service delivery models, and to participate in debates with early adopters bringing 5G benefits to broadcast and interactive media.
3:00 pm | FLAME 5G Media Service Trials
Chair: Michael Boniface, IT Innovation Centre
- Introduction – Michael Boniface, IT Innovation
- FLAME 5G Service Delivery Platform – Dr Sebastian Robitzsch, InterDigital
- The Changing Media Service Landscape – Francesco D’Andria, Atos
- 5G Broadcast Media Services
- VRT: Outdoor Broadcasting – Klaas Baert (https://youtu.be/m5viyDS7_eg)
- Nextworks: Personalised media mobility – Gino Carrozzo (https://www.ict-flame.eu/blog-post/innovating-personalised-media-mobility-smart-city/)
- Mativision: Virtual Reality – Anthony Karydis (https://youtu.be/AHxOmqfS0O4)
- 5G Interactive Media Services
- Disney: Location-based AR Storytelling – Steven Poulakos
- D-Cube: Enrich the viewer’s marathon experience, by providing personalized content on demand – Eva Kesisoglou (https://www.ict-flame.eu/blog-post/the-imra-experiment-transformed-the-way-viewers-experience-a-marathon-event/)
- Intellia: HoloFLAME: Dynamic orchestration, customization and delivery of Mixed Reality content at the network edge – Vassilis Papataxiarhis (https://www.ict-flame.eu/open-calls/3rd-flame-open-call/holoflame/)
4:00 pm | Views from the Wider 5G Ecosystem
Chair: Dr Sebastian Robitzsch, InterDigital
- Approaching Media Production and Distribution with 5G Trials:
5G-MAG Association – Dr Jordi J. Gimenez
- Immersive Experiences delivered by 5G:
LucidWeb – Leen Seegers
- Telco and Operators view:
– British Telecom – Ruth Brown
– Level7 – Paolo Di Francesco
4:30 pm | Smart Networks and Services – Moving beyond 5G
Chair: Dr Monique Calisti, Martel Innovate
This session will provide opportunity for panel discussion and interactive questions with the audience. The panel will consist of speakers from the previous sessions. The topic areas will include:
- Challenges for service-based architectures for 5G, beyond 5G and towards 6G
- Value for Trials and Replication: the good, the bad, the ugly
- Rethinking the FMI ecosystem: needs and demands from 5G- and post-COVID generation
5:00 pm | Close